How Invasive Species Threaten Recreational Areas
What are invasive species?
- Invasive species are non-native plants, animals or diseases that cause harm to human health, the economy, or the environment.
- They compete with native species and can reduce habitat for wildlife and game species
- Invasive plants threaten recreational areas and hunting sites by encroaching on trails and reducing biodiversity for wildlife
- They are difficult and expensive to control and can spread quickly
How to stop the spread
- Inspect and remove plants, seeds and dirt from the following before leaving the area
- Stay on existing trails and roadways
- Learn to identify invasive plants and insects which occur in your area